We were surprised to learn that our blog has been nominated for four Catholic New Media Awards. We considered lobbying for your vote, but after much prayer and discernment, we came up with more reasons for you NOT to vote for us! Here we present that list the Holy Spirit has placed upon our hearts.
- Simple. As is stated in Matthew 20:16, “Thus, the last will be first, and the first will be last.”
- Given we started The Practicing Catholic in August 2010, the only award we’re really qualified for is “Best New Blog” and we’re not even nominated in that category. We are, however, nominated in Best Group Blog, Best Written Blog, Most Spiritual Blog, and People’s Choice Blog.
- Winners will be announced during the 2011 CatholiCon Expo on August 28 in Houston. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to attend the conference this year. Please don’t put someone in the awkward position of having to accept an award on our behalf.
- We are “competing” against some very talented people who we respect, admire, and from whom we have learned a great deal. We are not worthy!
- And on that same note, there are many talented people who didn’t make the nomination cut. Don’t make our interactions with them even more awkward than they already are by giving us an award.
- We really have no idea what we’re doing. Really.
- Our head writer, editor-in-chief, graphic designer, AND web programmer are all dirty sinners.
In all seriousness, we are humbled by the nominations. We set out to create a site that would hopefully inspire fellow Catholics to live out their faith in their daily lives. If you think we’ve been successful, fine — go ahead and vote for us. We can’t stop you! But just be sure to vote by Friday, August 26!
Head over to Conversion Diary to check out more 7 Quick Takes! Have a great weekend.