Take 5 with Author Sarah Reinhard

Joel and I are rolling out a new series here at The Practicing Catholic called Take 5, where we interview others who are passionately involved in Catholic media ask them 5 questions about their work.

I recently chatted with Sarah Reinhard, a Catholic wife, mom to 3 children, writer, blogger at SnoringScholar.com and contributor to a whole bunch of sites such as CatholicMom.com. Sarah chats with me about her new book, A Catholic Mother’s Companion to Pregnancy: Walking with Mary from Conception to Baptism.

Video Notes:

• 1:07 — Take 1: Sarah chats about the collaboration between Ave Maria Press and CatholicMom.com.
  • 2:25 — Take 2: Sarah talks about writing A Catholic Mother’s Companion and how the book fills a special niche for Catholic expectant mothers.
  • 4:12 — Take 3: Sarah outlines the three sections of her book.
  • 6:34 — Baby Jude goes down for a nap!
  • 8: 49 — Take 4: Sarah talks about her friendship with our Blessed Mother.
  • 11:20 — Take 5: What is a snoring scholar?
  • 13:17 — Outtakes: You really don’t want to miss these!

Win A Copy of the Book!

Interested in winning a copy of the book? Just leave a comment below to enter. Winner will be selected on Sunday, October 21 at 6:00 p.m. central.

Related Posts: Sarah reflects on the Wedding Feast of Cana

Comments

Joel Schmidt, you are now on my hit list. Those outtakes are both hilarious and incredibly, um…well.

Lisa, thanks for a great interview! Joel, thanks for your editing work. And um? When we say EDIT THIS OUT, let’s talk next time about WHAT EXACTLY THAT MEANS.

Mwahaha.

Cheers and blessings!!!

Sarah, that would be a good idea, since we seem to have a fundamental disconnect on that point. To you, “Edit this out,” means “Don’t ever let that see the light of day.” To me, “Edit this out,” means “That is totally going into the outtakes.” ;) It really should be against canon law to have that much fun editing together a video. Thanks for a great interview! Cheers and blessings right back at you!

I would love this book. It is on my wish list…but, I’m not sure that I want to make my wish list too public given that after receiving the gift EVERYONE will want to know when the “Little K” is making his/her debut – when I’m just trying to be prepared. :)
    BUT, seeing that Stuart up there has a pregnant wife RIGHT NOW, I think you should rig the contest and pick him.

3. Jana says

My husband and I, we are expecting our secundum (we don’t know yet if it is a boy or a girl) and I would so love to have this book as a companion for this (and possible other) pregnancies!

4. Sheila says

My daughter-in-law is expecting her first child in May, and I have been looking for “baby” books for her during this exciting time. While there are tons of
    books on pregnancy and childbirth available, this book’s take on the “blesses event” is so wonderful because of its uniquely Catholic perspective. I wish I could have shared in its wisdom years ago during my child bearing years! Thanks so much for promoting this book through the “give-a-way”!

Lisa! I just had a moment to watch the interview and it was great! I 100% agree with Sarah’s last comment – we all DO want to be Lisa Hendey when we grow up! (Seriously, I met her recently and she was so genuinely kind and welcoming.) If you need another guinea pig I’d love to do an interview with you. :)