Joel and I are hosting an hour during the upcoming pledge drive on Iowa Catholic Radio and we need your help. Adam and Kara Storey will join us for the hour. Adam is director of the Marriage and Family Life Office for our diocese. He and Kara are a terrific example of a young, passionately faithful Catholic family. We team up from 3:00 to 4:00 PM central time on Monday, December 10 to share how Catholic radio has impacted our lives and to raise money to keep Iowa Catholic Radio on the air.
We humbly ask for your support in three ways.
1) Listen — Tune in! Central Iowa listeners, turn your radio dial to 1150 AM, 88.5 FM, or 94.5 FM. Those beyond the central Iowa listening area can stream online 24-7 here.
2) Pray — Iowa Catholic Radio has the potential to evangelize to over half a million Christians in central Iowa each day. Please pray for all involved, especially during this upcoming pledge drive week.
3) Contribute — Will you also prayerfully consider supporting these evangelization efforts with a charitable gift?
Can you give $5? $25? $50? A little more? Maybe you own a business and can support a week’s worth of programming? If you feel called to make a charitable contribution, here are some giving options:
- Pledge now. The Schmidts and the Storeys want to kick off our hour with a big announcement of early pledges. Pledge your tax-deductible gift at the secure site here before the drive starts.
- How about calling in and pledging during our hour (3:00-4:00PM on Monday, December 10). Say hello, send some encouraging words, tell a joke, or inspire us with an Advent message. You get the idea. Call us at 515-282-PRAY (7729)
- Do you own a business? How about sponsoring a week’s worth of programming with a gift of $500. Your company will be highlighted as a supporter of Iowa Catholic Radio throughout the pledge drive week and beyond.
- Offer matching funds. Such challenge gifts encourage other donors to give — and it might add some spirit to our hour!
Good things are happening on Iowa Catholic Radio: the recent addition of two FM stations (88.5 and 94.5), and the debut of new locally produced shows including On A Spiritual Journey with Bishop Joseph Charron, Dowling Catholic Radio and Catholic Women Now! (co-hosted by yours truly!). Catholic music by Catholic recording artists is now a part of the regular programming as well.
Let’s celebrate those successes and keep moving forward. It’s the donors who have and will keep Iowa Catholic Radio on the air, broadcasting the word of God across Central Iowa. Your continued support is needed now more than ever during this Year of Faith.
Oh, and one more thing. This is good.
Only on Iowa Catholic Radio will you hear Christmas hymns and carols, family traditions, Christmas greetings, prayers, and worship during this Advent and Christmas season.
No jingled bells, Frosty, or Grandmas getting run over by red-nosed reindeer. No Dan Fogelbergs getting frisky with old flames while looking for frozen peas in the aisles of Hy-Vee. And, and, and, no more George Michaels singing about giving away pathetic broken hearts. Thanks be to God!
Listen. Pray. Contribute. 515-282-PRAY (7729)