Did you know?
- Planned Parenthood personnel have aborted over 5,300,000 children since 1970. That’s equal to the entire population of Colorado.
- During fiscal year 2011-2012, Planned Parenthood reported receiving a record $542 million in taxpayer funding in the form of government grants, contracts, and Medicaid reimbursements.
- Taxpayer funding consists of 45% of Planned Parenthood’s annual revenue.
- So much for safe, legal and rare — Planned Parenthood performed a record high 333,964 abortions in 2011.
- An average of one abortion occurs every 94 seconds.
- In 2009, 97.6% of Planned Parenthood’s “services” for pregnant women involved killing their children; just 2.4% involved prenatal care or adoption referral.
- And yet, Planned Parenthood’s total assets top $1 billion dollars.
It only takes a scan of these facts to realize how much darkness permeates our culture.
Today St. Paul has a message for us. And how timely, it actually comes from today’s Liturgy of the Hours morning prayer.
“You are not in the dark, brothers, that the day should catch you off guard, like a thief. No, all of you are children of light and of the day. We belong neither to darkness nor to night.” 1 Thessalonians 5:4-5
Walk into any darkened room, and all it takes is one small lit match to overpower its darkness and illuminate it. One. Small. Light. As The Christophers say, it’s better to light one candle than to curse the darkness. Today go be that light in this world that has been darkened and devastated by abortion.
You never know how the Holy Spirit is going to use you. Please. Take courage.
What’s one small thing you vow to do today in protection of all life?
Here’s a start: Pray and fast for the conversion of the doctors, nurses, and counselors who cooperate with abortion.
Last updated byat .