Got a wife? Tell the world how awesome she is!
My wife rocks, and I bet yours does, too. Let’s get together and make some noise! Announcing our St. Valentine’s Day 2013 “Why I Love My Wife” link-up event.Â Join me in rejecting a culture of locker-room talk that objectifies and degrades the women we love. Instead, let’s proclaim the Divine Gifts that they are to us.
Here’s how it works:
- This Thursday, February 14, 2013, I will publish my “Why I Love My Wife” post at midnight.
- Got a blog? Good, it doesn’t even have to be Catholic. Just write your own “Why I Love My Wife” post and link it up.Â At the end of my post, there will be a button that will allow you link yours; the link-up will be open all day long. Feel free to leave a comment, too.
- On St. Valentine’s Day, tweet it up using the hashtag #WhyILoveMyWife.
- Guidelines for posting? None, except to keep it respectful and honorable.
- It’s not required, but you may downloadÂ the “Why I Love My Wife” badge (resize as necessary) andÂ link back here from your post.
- Don’t have a blog? No problem; you can still leave a comment gushing about the awesomeness of your beautiful bride.
Over at the blog More Like Mary â€“ More Like Me,Â Kaitlin Alfermann began a series called â€œWhy I Love My Husbandâ€. Lisa has participated twice so far, so I figure it’s time to give back. I can’t explain how humbling it is to wake up in the morning to discover that Lisa has written a “Why I Love My Husband” post.
Shouldn’t we all love our spouses enough that we want to proclaim it from the top of the highest mountain? Here’s the next best thing. Join me in giving our wives the praise, thanksgiving, and adulation they deserve. Strengthen your marriage by building up your wife. The gushing begins in just three days.