Ready for some fun? Time for another Take 5! Today we welcome Chris Stefanick — a husband, father, speaker and writer, and founder of the nonprofit ministry Real Life Catholic. Chris and I chat about his latest project with Ascension Press called “Chosen: Your Journey Toward Confirmation,” a preparation program for those receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation.
It’s great stuff. As in Father Robert Barron’s Catholicism-esque really great stuff. I hope you’ll take the time to acquaint yourself with the materials. And if you are so moved, please consider sharing the materials with your parish priest and religious education staff as well.
0:26 — Take 1: Some approach Confirmation as just another box to check on the Catholic bucket list. Chris chats on how it’s more than just a program to complete.
2:35 — Take 2: Chris shares how the Chosen materials help teens better understand the sacrament.
4:00 — Take 3: Meet the Dream Team! Many well-known evangelists and catechists appear in the Chosen videos. We give you a sneak peek.
4:55 — Take 4: Chris reveals his favorite things about Chosen (mine, too!).
7:20 — Take 5: Chris shares some encouraging words to help parents keep running the race with perseverance.
- For all the meat and potatoes about Chosen: Your Journey Toward Confirmation, head over to ConfirmationStudy.com.
- Learn more about Chris Stefanick and his ministry at RealLifeCatholic.com.
- AscenionPress.com is your go-to source for all things Catholic and faith formation.
I’m not hosting a giveaway this time around, but a few friends are!
- Kathy Schiffer hosts a giveaway over at Seasons of Grace on Patheos.com.
- Chosen is in this week’s giveaway at CatholicMom.com. Giveaway info will be posted here on Friday, April 11.
Thanks for stopping by and tuning in!P.S., I really had fun with this interview, especially the post-production work. I hope you enjoy the new iMovie tricks I’m learning. :)